Well, choosing the right mattress will help you to rest after long days of tiresome work and be re-energized by the morning.
Also, it assists manage health issues such as back and shoulder pains.
So, which is the best mattress in Kenya now that there are too many brands out there?
Well, this guide will help you discover the various types of mattresses available in Kenya, the best brands in the market plus their prices.
Let’s dive right in.
Types of Mattresses in Kenya
The most common mattress categories you will find at your shopping outlet include:
Foams are manufactured using air-trapped substances from rubber/plastic.
This makes them bouncy, soft and spongy.
Spring mattresses are made of a blend of metal coils/springs and layers of foam.
These have been a popular traditional type of mattresses though they have undergone significant modifications to suit today customers’ needs- some of us pick soft types while others will embrace firm/moderate types.
Overall, spring mattresses provide excellent back support besides lasting long.
Orthopedic mattresses can be produced using either of latex, foam, or inner springs.
They are mainly produced for medical uses and are designed with back, joints, bones, and shoulder pain relief in mind, making them the best mattress for back pain in Kenya.
Just bear in mind that the term ‘orthopedic’ is widely misused by suppliers in an effort to boost sales of their mattresses.
These are manufactured using the final products of the Latex plants.
For the most part, well-designed latex mattresses are pretty comfortable.
These are manufactured using a blend of springs and foam or latex, cotton, wool, and more and generally offer extra cushioning.
You can bet on hybrid mattresses if you are looking for smooth motion transfers plus good support.
Next up, let’s look at the leading mattress companies in Kenya- perhaps you want to know what is the best mattress company in Kenya (we will look at the best mattress in Kenya immediately after the next section).
Best mattress brand in Kenya
Below is a list of popular mattress brands in Kenya from real customer reviews and market research:
- Moko Mattresses – my number 1 option!
- Bobmil Mattresses
- Slumberland Mattresses
- Vitafoam Mattress
- Superfoam Mattresses
- Tuffoam Mattresses
- Mekan Mattresses
- Mzito mattress
- Prime mattress
Let’s now check the prices of each of the above.
Best mattress in Kenya and prices
Here are selected prices for the most popular mattress brands in Kenya
Dr mattress Price List in Kenya
Dr Mattress Prices in Kenya are as follows:
- Mattress 6 by 6 inches costs between Ksh 15,300 (foam mattress) to Ksh 29,175 (spring mattress).
- Dr mattress 5 by 6 inch price in Kenya will cost you between Ksh 25,500 to Ksh 32,500.
- Dr mattress 4 by 6 inch price in Kenya sells within Ksh 19,000 to Ksh 24,500.
- 3 by 6 Dr. Mattress will go for between Ksh 13,000 to Ksh 18,000.
Bobmil mattress prices in Kenya
- Bobmil 6 b 6 inches: Ksh 11,500 to Ksh 16,500
- Bobmil 5 by 6 inches: Ksh 9,500 to Ksh 10,300
- Bobmil 4 by 6 inches: Ksh 7,500 to Ksh 8,800
- Bobmil 3 by 6 inches: Ksh 6,000 to Ksh 6,800
Vitafoam mattress prices in Kenya
- Vitafoam 6 by 6 inches: Ksh (10,300 to 17,000)
- Vitafoam 5 by 6 inches: Ksh (7,800 to 9,500)
- Vitafoam 4 by 6 inches: Ksh (6,500 to 7,500)
- Vitafoam 3 by 6 inches: Ksh (5,400 to 6,500)
Moko mattress prices in Kenya
- Moko mattress 6 by 6 inches: Ksh (10,600 to 13,500)
- Moko mattress 5*6 price in Kenya: Ksh (8,700 to 10,400)
- Moko mattress 4 by 6 inches: Ksh (8,700 to 11,400)
- Moko mattress 4.5x 6 inches: Kshs (9400 to 11999)
- Moko mattress 3 by 6 inches: Ksh (6,300 to 7,200)
- Slumberland 6 by 6 inches: Ksh (10,500 to 17,500)
- Slumberland 5 by 6 inches: Ksh (7,400 to 10,200)
- Slumberland 4 by 6 inches: Ksh (6,400 to 7,300)
- Slumberland 3 by 6 inches: Ksh (5,200 to 6,200)
- Superfoam 6 by 6 inches: Ksh (8,900 to 12,000)
- Superfoam 5 by 6 inches: Ksh (8,100 to 8,700)
- Superfoam 4 by 6 inches: Ksh (5,900 to 7,800)
- Superfoam 3 by 6 inches: Ksh (4,700 to 5,700)
- Tuffoam 6 by 6 inches: Ksh (6,700 to 9,000)
- Tuffoam 5 by 6 inches: Ksh (5,900 to 6,700)
- Tuffoam 4 by 6 inches: Ksh (4,900 to 5,800)
- Tuffoam 3 by 6 inches: Ksh (3,700 to 4,700)
- Mekan 6 by 6 inches: Ksh (6,500 to 9,300)
- Mekan 5 by 6 inches: Ksh (5,700 to 6,800)
- Mekan 4 by 6 inches: Ksh (4,400 to 5,300)
- Mekan 3 by 6 inches: Ksh (3,300 to 4,500)
- Mzito 6 by 6 inches: Ksh (8,300 to 10,800)
- Mzito 5 by 6 inches: Ksh (7,400 to 8,200)
- Mzito 4 by 6 inches: Ksh (6,400 to 7,300)
- Mzito 3 by 6 inches: Ksh (5,200 to 6,200)
- Maharaja 6 by 6 inches: Ksh (21,500 to 26,500)
- Maharaja 5 by 6 inches: Ksh (19,500 to 21,400)
- Maharaja 4 by 6 inches: Ksh (17,800 to 19,600)
- Maharaja 3 by 6 inches: Ksh (15,400 to 17,800)
- Prime 6 by 6 inches: Ksh (7,200 to 9,300)
- Prime 5 by 6 inches: Ksh (5,300 to 6,900)
- Prime 4 by 6 inches: Ksh (4,500 to 5,200)
- Prime 3 by 6 inches: Ksh (3,800 to 4,600)
Best Mattress in Kenya
In our opinion, there are two main options if you are looking at the very best mattress in the market.
- Moko Mattress (and they offer free delivery to any location countrywide via G4S)
Mattress prices (as seen above) differ widely because of differences in quality, type, size, and mattress density.
With that in mind, here is what we suggest:
If you want to know the current price for various Moko mattress sizes, check their Facebook page here.
Likewise, if you want to know the current price for Dr Mattress sizes, check their Facebook page here.
Of course, these are the two best mattress brands in Kenya at the moment (in our opinion).