This is all there is to know about how to Fuliza money to another number. I’ll walk you through the steps necessary to accomplish this.
For those who are unfamiliar with Fuliza, it is basically a Mpesa service that allows you to complete transactions when your Mpesa account does not have sufficient funds.
It is, however, subject to one’s credit viability, as the limit varies depending on your Mpesa usage as well as Safaricom’s terms and conditions.
The best thing about Fuliza money is that you can use it as many times as you want as long as you stay within your Fuliza M-Pesa limit.
In this article, we shall look at how to Fuliza money to another number –perhaps you want to Pay your Fuliza loan in one number so that you can borrow again (or for whatever reason)…
Let’s get started:
How to Fuliza money to another number
To use the Fuliza service, you must first register and opt-in by following the steps below:
- On your phone, dial *334#.
- Go to option 4, Loans and Savings.
- Select option 1, Fuliza.
- Then opt-in (select the “yes” option to get started).
You can also use the USSD code *234# to activate your Fuliza:
- Dial *234#
- Select option 0, Fuliza M-pesa
- Then choose the “yes” option to get started.
- Lastly, select option 1 again (yes) to accept the terms and conditions.
Now, here are the steps on how to Fuliza money to another number:
- Simply go to your phone’s M-pesa menu.
- Click on the “send money” option.
- Enter the phone number to which you want to Fuliza to.
- Enter the amount you want to send (based on your Fuliza Mpesa limit), then enter your Mpesa pin and click OK.
- A pop-up message will appear on your screen informing you that you do not have enough funds in your Mpesa account and asking you whether you want to Fuliza the balance with an access fee and a daily fee of Kshs. 0-30 on the outstanding balance.
- The pop-up message will give you the option to proceed by either clicking Yes or No.
- Click on “Yes” to send.
- You will then get a confirmation message indicating your total Fuliza outstanding balance and the due date of the loan.
How to pay for tokens using Fuliza
To pay for tokens using Fuliza, follow the following steps:
- Go to the Mpesa menu.
- Choose Lipa na Mpesa Pay Bill as your payment method.
- Key in 737373 as the business number.
- Enter your KPLC meter number as the account number.
- Enter the amount you wish to spend.
- Key in your Mpesa pin and click send.
- A Fuliza Mpesa pop-up message will appear on your screen; select option 1 to have Fuliza pay for the transaction.
- You will then receive an SMS message confirming your transaction and another with the tokens.
How to Fuliza to my Mpesa
As of the moment, it is not possible to fuliza money to your own Mpesa account.
However, with Fuliza, you can send money to another number (registered or unregistered), as well as buy goods and services and pay bills via the Lipa na Mpesa services.
Furthermore, you can withdraw Fuliza funds even if your account has a zero balance.
Remember, this only works if you’ve previously opted into Fuliza and have a specific Fuliza limit amount.
Fuliza is an overdraft facility provided by Safaricom when using Mpesa services, and it incurs fees based on the amount borrowed. There are two types of fees: an access fee and a daily maintenance fee (which varies depending on the amount overdrawn).
One is also charged a one-time 1% access fee and a 20% exercise duty on the access fee. This means that the sooner you pay for your Fuliza loan, the better, since you will not pay expensive charges.
Below is a table showing the current Fuliza charges:
|Min (Kshs.)||Max (Kshs.)||Tariff charges (Kshs.)||20% Exercise Duty (Kshs.)||Total charges (Kshs.)|
|101||500||2.5 (free for the first 3 days)||0.5||3|
|501||1,000||5 (free for the first 3 days)||1||6|
How to withdraw Fuliza money
All Safaricom customers who have Fuliza Mpesa loans can withdraw their funds directly from a Mpesa agent, subject to the standard transaction fees.
If your Fuliza limit is 400, for example, you will be able to withdraw Kshs. 373, with the remaining Kshs. 27 being the standard Mpesa withdrawal charges.
The Fuliza withdrawal procedure is the same as when you withdraw funds from your account.
The steps are as follows:
- Go to the Mpesa menu.
- Select the “withdraw cash” option.
- Choose to withdraw from Agent.
- Enter the amount to be withdrawn.
- Click OK after entering Mpesa pin.
- When asked to confirm Fuliza, tap on “proceed.”
- Fuliza charges, as well as withdrawal charges, will be displayed.
How to Fuliza money to another number- FAQs
Does Fuliza have CRB?
Yes, Fuliza does have CRB listings. For example, if you do not repay your Fuliza funds within 30 days or your overdraft limit has been exceeded, your information will be to CRB (Credit Reference Bureaus) for blacklisting.
Fuliza may also report your name to the CRB if you provide incorrect information or fail to follow the Fuliza terms and conditions.
By default, the listing is completed at any of Kenya’s CRB listing bureaus, indicating that you have delayed in making payment, resulting in the state of Fuliza.
Who qualifies for Fuliza?
Fuliza, like any other overdraft service, has specific terms and conditions that you must meet to qualify.
You must be a Mpesa registered user with an active Safaricom line for at least six months to be eligible for Fuliza.
When one activates Fuliza, they are assigned a limit that defines the maximum amount of overdraft they can access. However, not all are eligible for a loan limit when they are activated.
How many accounts am I allowed to have for Fuliza M-Pesa services?
Every Mpesa-registered line will be treated as a separate account, regardless of whether they are registered under the same person.
As a result, each mobile number will be eligible for Fuliza services.
How to Fuliza money to another number—Conclusion
So, that’s how you Fuliza money to a different number. Fuliza is extremely simple to use.
That’s all there is to it!
Good luck as you enjoy Fuliza’s services.