Do you want to know how to pay Mshwari loan for another number? A step-by-step guide is provided below.
Have you ever wanted to help a friend or family member pay off their mshwari loan directly but weren’t sure if that was an option?
So, this article will show you how to do it.
It is common knowledge that repaying your loans on time (in this case, Mshwari loans) exponentially increases your loan limit.
With mshwari, you can get loans from mshwari for as little as Kshs. 100, with a one-time 9 % facility fee. Another significant benefit is that it provides a 20% discount on the facility fee when you pay within the first 10 days.
Mshwari also provides users with a flexible payment plan by allowing them to pay in installments over the course of the 30-day loan period.
Continue reading to find out how to pay mshwari loan for another number.
How to pay Mshwari loan for another number
While mshwari has yet to provide a direct or simple method for repaying an mshwari loan for another number directly from your own account, we have a workaround.
If you need to repay an mshwari loan for another number, you can only do so by sending money via Mpesa to the other number (the one with the mshwari loan).
To put it simply:
- Navigate to your Mpesa menu.
- Choose the send money option.
- Enter the phone number of the person for whom you intend to pay the Mshwari loan.
- Enter the amount to be sent.
- Enter your Mpesa pin and press “OK.”
Mpesa will then send the other person a confirmation message about the money you sent. They can then pay the mshwari loan using their own mobile phone.
The following are the steps for repaying the mshwari loan:
- Navigate to the Mpesa menu (on the mobile phone of the one with the mshwari loan)
- Choose the Loans and Savings tab
- Choose mshwari and then the loan option.
- Select “pay loan.”
- Choose Mpesa as your payment method (since the money is already in the Mpesa account).
- Enter the payment amount, then your Mpesa pin, and click “OK.”
- The Mshwari loan amount will be deducted automatically from your Mpesa account.
So that’s how to pay off another mshwari loan.
How to pay mshwari loan using another number
Because each Mshwari account is linked to only one phone number, you cannot repay a loan with another number.
If you want to repay your mshwari loan with a different phone number, you must first transfer the money to the number associated with the mshwari loan via Mpesa.
Simply follow the steps outlined above, and you’ll be fine.
How to pay mshwari loan using Pay Bill
There’s no Pay Bill number for Mshwari, so you can’t pay the mshwari loan by “Fuliza-ing” to paybill.
Here are the proper steps for repaying your Mshwari loan:
- Simply navigate to the Mpesa menu.
- Choose “Loans and Savings.”
- Select Mshwari.
- Choose the “loan” option.
- Select “pay loan.”
- You have the option of paying with your Mpesa or Mshwari account; choose one.
- Enter the amount to be paid.
- Enter your Mpesa pin and press the “OK” button.
- Your mshwari loan will be deducted automatically from your account.
More information on how to pay mshwari loan for another number: How to apply for a Loan from Mshwari
To begin, you must have qualified for the loan in order for your mshwari loan request to be approved. To be eligible for an mshwari loan, you must:
- be an Mpesa subscriber for at least six months,
- frequently save on mshwari, and
- use other Safaricom services such as Mpesa, voice, and data.
Now, if you’re wondering how to borrow from Mshwari, here’s how:
- Got to the Mpesa menu on your phone.
- Choose between Loans and Savings.
- Choose Mshwari.
- Choose the “Loan” option, then “Request a Loan.”
- Enter the amount of money you want to borrow (it should be within your mshwari limit).
- Enter your Mpesa pin and click Continue.
- The loan will be deposited into your Mpesa account.
You will receive a confirmation message containing the loan amount, including the facility fee.
How to check the Mshwari loan limit
You can check your limit using your sim tool kit or the USSD code *234#.
- To check using the Sim Toolkit, you must:
- Select Loans and Savings from the Mpesa menu.
- Go to Mshwari
- Select Loan then click on Check loan limit and fees.
- Enter your Mpesa Pin and click “OK.”
- You will receive an SMS message with your loan limit.
You will be notified if you are eligible for a loan, and if so, the loan amount will be displayed.
- To check via USSD code:
- Dial *234#
- Go to Mpesa products
- Click on Mshwari
- Then click on “Loan Limit Request.”
A pop-up message with your mshwari loan limit will appear on your screen (if you qualify for one).
How to pay Mshwari loan for another number – FAQs
Can you pay mshwari with Fuliza?
No, you cannot pay your mshwari loan with Fuliza. You can Fuliza to a Till number, Paybill, or even another number, but not to mshwari.
You can, however, have two Safaricom lines with Fuliza activated, one with a pending mshwari loan and the other to Fuliza funds to it and vice versa.
Is it possible to have multiple Mshwari accounts if you also have multiple Mpesa accounts?
Yes, because each Mshwari account is linked to a mobile number, you can activate multiple Mshwari accounts.
If you already have an Mshwari loan but want to borrow from another Mpesa line, you must first clear the outstanding loan on the Mpesa account from which you borrowed before proceeding to the other line.
How to pay mshwari loan for another number-Conclusion
So, that’s how you pay Mshwari loan for another number.
As we have seen, the steps to achieve this are very simple to follow-so it should be easy for you.